Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Form Submit

Form Submit 12 years 6 months ago #15282

• benji
  • Fresh Boarder
Brand new to RSForms and very excited about the possibilities. However, I feel as if I have overlooked something vital! I want to be able to have the form submissions automatically emailed to the appropriate employee handling the particular form data. I was SO sure this was a built in feature and I would simply need to put the receiver's email in a field somewhere...HOWEVER, I have not found a field for this use. While I do find the "Submission Manager" to be a neat feature, there will be multiple forms and multiple admins who will need to get the submissions WITHOUT navigating to the website. Anyone know how? Here is what I have done so far:

I have investigated the forum and support and found an article here: www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...rough-the-email.html

I have followed those instructions precisely. HOWEVER, I get an email but do not get any attachments? I have checked to be certain that the directory for com_rsforms is set to 777 (writable). I have also checked that the required email fields were properly filled in. All have an accurate email with exception to "Reply To", "CC" and "BCC" fields.

I really just need a simple way to automatically email the submitted information to one of the admins. Can you offer a better solution? I don't really have a preference for the submission format - it could be CSV, TXT or PDF. I just need the submissions to be submitted to coordinating emails.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Form Submit 12 years 6 months ago #15285

Hi Benji,
You might want to check out the following RS video tutorials. I think they may be what you are looking for.
I have my forms set to email the people who need the data by adding in the names in the Admin section of the form. My requirements are simple and it works well for me.
The videos will show you some of the more complex emailing situations.

General document describing how to set up emails: www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/v...ticle/74-emails.html

RS Videos:
www.rsjoomla.com/tv/episode/50-ep-51-how...ls-in-rsformpro.html
www.rsjoomla.com/tv/episode/6-episode-7-...drop-down-field.html

Hope this helps.

Kathy
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!