Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Conditionally display a field

Conditionally display a field 12 years 6 months ago #15221

• info5077
  • Fresh Boarder
I've to do that. I've a dropdown field with the values 1,2,3 and other. I would like that if the user choose "other" another field appear where he can type what he want. Is that possible? How can I do that?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Conditionally display a field 12 years 6 months ago #15222

If you haven't checked out the Front End Demo samples yet, that is a place to start. RS has put up some excellent samples that you can download and customize for your own site. One of the samples is a show/hide sample with an "other" text box.
I've used many of their examples and made forms that I'd never be able to do on my own.

Kathy
The following user(s) said Thank You: info5077

Re: Conditionally display a field 12 years 6 months ago #15223

• info5077
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks!!

Re: Conditionally display a field 12 years 3 months ago #16083

• info2832
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

Where is the Front End Demos?? Where to download them?

Thanks

Re: Conditionally display a field 12 years 3 months ago #16084

Hi,
You can find the demo page at : demo.rsjoomla.com/
Then you can select which demo file to look at. There a 5 or 6 examples that come with downloadable samples. Very handy to get you started on form design.
The back end admin demo is demo.rsjoomla.com/administrator/

Both of these links can be found at the bottom of the home page.

Hope this helps.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!