Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Checkboxes won't stack vertically

Checkboxes won't stack vertically 12 years 6 months ago #15204

Hi,

I'm trying to create a checkbox group with two options, each with a short sentence of text. I want to the two options to stack vertically, but they won't appear correctly. If I simply type in the options in the "items" field with a carriage return separating them, they display horizontally next to each other:

Subscribe to newsletter with articles of interest
Receive mailings with company updates

If I separate them with a line break, they appear on 3 lines, with the last word of the first sentence "interest" wrapping onto the line below in an ugly manner:

Subscribe to newsletter with articles of interest<br/>
Receive mailings with company updates

No matter how I change the text, it always happens. What is going on? There must be an easy to get vertically stacked checkbox options, but I can't figure it out. I've tried inserting styling code using <span style=""> code but it doesn't work either. I checked the styling for checkbox inputs and I see nothing strange. Can anyone help? The documentation seems pretty poor here.

Thanks,
Miek
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Checkboxes won't stack vertically 12 years 6 months ago #15208

The version that I've been using (v36) has a selection for horizontal or vertical placement. It's the "flow" selection right after the items box. Setting it to vertical will get you what I think you want. I've not moved to v42 but will check it when I do.
I did get it to stack the text using horizontal flow but adding </br> at the end of the first line. I see that you tried that but text in the original message has the "/" at the end of the br and not before.
Good Luck.

Kathy

I just checked v42 and the flow selection is now in Attributes
Last Edit: 12 years 6 months ago by NEMGTR_webmanager. Reason: updated info to point to correct tab
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!