Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: SQL Mapping Question ?

SQL Mapping Question ? 12 years 8 months ago #14665

I have a DB table with 3 columns: X, Y, Z.
The table is pre-populated with Coupon-Codes in column X.
Column Z = ‘AVAILABLE’ or a Time/Date Stamp if the Coupon is used.

I have been trying to use the SQL Mapping feature.

I use an UPDATE query to look for ‘AVAILABLE’ in Column-Z and UPDATE with a Time/Date Stamp.
The Update works and the DB cell value does change from ‘AVAILABLE’ to the proper Time/Date value.

My problem is that I cannot seem to read the Coupon-value contained in the X column.

Does the SQL UPDATE query happen before or after the form is saved and emails sent?

Any ideas?

Should I use a different approach to solve this problem?

Lastly, there are many ‘AVAILABLE’ coupons code rows; when I do the Update query ALL of the rows are updated, not just the first row. Can this be controlled?

Also, it seems like the SQL Mapping should allow a hand-built query option – it would much more flexible.

Thanks
CRS
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!