Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: E-mail very slow

E-mail very slow 12 years 8 months ago #14614

We built a client's site in JOOMLA and use RSFORM Pro - the site is hosted with Go Daddy. The e-mail setting in JOOMLA is PHP Mail Function.

It is taking anywhere from ten minutes to over twenty minutes to receive most messages from submitted forms. In some cases experienced over an hour.

I've have come across info in other threads (JOOMLA's site) that puts the blame for this on Go Daddy stating they quarantine php mail. Of course if you call them they deny it and make the general comment that form mail is notoriously slow for a number of reasons.

It does seem many are dealing with this if you search via Google. If this is Go Daddy's fault or not I guess what I'm asking has anyone found a way to speed messages up? Should I switch to smtp with JOOMLA and not use PHP?

I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!