Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: how do you make text bold in forms?

how do you make text bold in forms? 12 years 8 months ago #14525

HI there, i am new to joomla and rsforms and have not really done any behind the scenes work, so im a bit slow of the mark when it comes to adjusting things in the back end. I am sooo keen to work out how to make titles in the forms bold..everything i make is just plain text and i cant seem to find any way to make some text bold, it looks so ordinary. see..... my link to one of the forms: http://poatinaarts.org.au/index.php/contact-us
Can anyone help me?
Heather
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: how do you make text bold in forms? 12 years 8 months ago #14529

Hi,
I used to put the codes in the forms layout tab until my Sys Admin told me that you can put the html codes in the caption as you set up the form. Wish he would have told me that months ago!!

So open the form and select the "Your Name" component. In the caption line enter <b>Your Name (*)</b> and then save the update to the component. Do this for all of the components you want to make bold.
You can also use <em>text</em> for italic or combine both to make bold italic.
Color change html can be added also.

Hope this helps.

Re: how do you make text bold in forms? 12 years 8 months ago #14530

Hi again,
Here are two more quick tips. I hit submit last time before I was finished....

To add color use the following: <FONT COLOR="#be0000"> changing the color html code to match what you want the display to show. So a red, bold text would be <b><FONT COLOR="#be0000">YOUR TEXT HERE</b> (I've never added any change back to the original color... maybe I've been lucky)

The last hint is to have a text file open so when you find helpful code here on the forum, copy and paste it there so you can find it again! I have a Word file that I add to all the time. Saves me from having to search the forum for that elusive post that I knew I saw a while ago.

Kathy
The following user(s) said Thank You: janeburt

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!