Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Change form based on user dropdown menu.

Change form based on user dropdown menu. 12 years 8 months ago #14523

First of all, we purchased our license under This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it but I don't really check that account, much.

The issue:

The drop-down menu lets the user tell us what type of loan, etc. they are interested in.
There are basically four different types of loans that we do.
Depending on which loan they select, the form will be different for that loan.
We want to put the form on the right (user2i) module position on our website and we will want to style it, obviously, with XHTML/CSS.
Our current URL (not the production one) is located at: www.valoansmcallen.com/securityamericamortgage/
Basically what we’re trying to do is mimic www.vamortgagecenter.com/ in their contact/lead generation form on the right.
As some of the fields are mandatory and others are not, I don’t think we can put ALL FOUR FORMS on one single page as there will be many validation errors.
Some of the form fields do overlap as in they ask the same thing, even though they’re on different forms so some of those things could be reusable, as an option.
I’m fine with there being 4 different forms with the same fields if we need to.
The challenge is just the dynamic selecton of the form based on the dropdown selection.
We want the leads emailed to use and stored on the back-end. Of course, that functionality is already there so that’s not an issue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!