Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Paypal Custom Other Amount

Paypal Custom Other Amount 12 years 9 months ago #14475

• xingu
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Anyone else think it would be nice to have a blank amount field the user can enter what amount they want? I have been working with some non-profit organizations and they wish to have donations processed through paypal online. They want a list of choices then a blank field where someone can enter any amount they wish instead.

With the new Joomla model changing so often now, the less components you have to install and update is becoming the way to go.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Paypal Custom Other Amount 12 years 9 months ago #14477

Hi,
It would be nice to have that function in the standard PayPal component. Maybe it's on the wish list...
But for now a member of the forum built a form that had the coding in it do just what you want. I've used it and it allows the user to input any amount.
You can find his example at www.joomlamarketing.org/further-reading/...om-amount-field.html

Also I have prepared a zip file of the form that I created (a smaller version of Nate's) so if you email me, I'll send it along to you. Just restore it and edit in your specific site data.

Kathy
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin744

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!