Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Transfer link value of one page to form field

Transfer link value of one page to form field 12 years 9 months ago #14379

• c22sail
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I know the answer is out there, but after hours of searching I haven't really found it.

I have a sailing website where contact names are spread out over several articles. Each article represents a fleet in a different location. Each fleet has a unique number. For example, 158. Each fleet also has a fleet captain, for example Ted. I would like to have a link associated with the fleet and captain on the page this contact information appears. This link would also have a hidden email address associated with it.

For example:, contact fleet 158

When the user clicks on contact fleet 158 it opens an RSForms!Pro The fleet number would be filled in. After the user fills in the appropriate information and clicks submit the form is emailed to the fleet captain associated with the fleet. In my example and email would be sent to ted at his email address asking for information about fleet 158.

I am familiar with using the format of email address|name, but a simple selection list or drop down list using this format would not work well. There are too many fleets and too many pages contacts are on.

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!