Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Concat [PHP] fields on Submit

Concat [PHP] fields on Submit 12 years 10 months ago #14014

• w_h_h
  • Fresh Boarder
I would appreciate very much if anyone could assist with my frustration :

[Joomla 1.6 / RSFormsPro 1.4]

I have ...

Form : Add_Bike

Fields :
Dropdown : Bike_Make
Textbox : Bike_Model
Dropdown : Bike_Type
Textbox : Bike_Serial

... and a Hidden field : Bike_MakeConcat

Objective :
I want to concat the 4 Fields, as enetered by user, into the Hidden Field ... i.e. concat and populate in Hidden Field after submit I'd like to see the 4 dropdown/textbox fields concatenated into the Hidden field in the database i.e. ending up with same SubmisssionId.

I assume I need to hardcode this in the $_POST section of the form script.

I have tried various suggestions researched on the net but without luck. I guess something like :

$Bike_MakeConcat='$_POST.$_POST.$_POST.$_POST');

Anyone solved this one before ... ?

William.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Concat [PHP] fields on Submit 12 years 10 months ago #14060

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

You could try something similar to:
$_POST['form']['Bike_MakeConcat'] = $_POST['form']['Bike_Make'][0] . " " . $_POST['form']['Bike_Model'] . " " . $_POST['form']['Bike_Type'][0] . " ". $_POST['form']['Bike_Serial'];

in "Scripts called on form process".
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!