Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Image names

Image names 12 years 11 months ago #13809

Forgive me if this has been asked before. When I send the form to admin email, everything comes across fine, but it attaches a bunch of numbers to the images name and I can't stand it. It creates more work for me and I have enough as it is. LOL

Here's an example of what I mean. Is there a way to get rid of it so it only shows what the person entered in the submission field?

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Image names 12 years 11 months ago #13811

• bogdanc
  • Thank you received: 11
Hello,

The prefix is added before the uploaded file's name in order to have a unique name for each file and so to avoid duplicated files from being overwritten. If you do not want to have such a prefix then you can set a custom prefix for your file upload field by editing the field and setting the prefix in the "File Prefix" area.

Re:Image names 12 years 10 months ago #14082

• w_h_h
  • Fresh Boarder
I have the a similar need ... I would like to replace the default file prefix [seems like time stamp number] with the logged in UserName or a field attribute e.g. {Item_Name:value} ... this will make managing large collections of files easier ...

Any ideas?

William.

Re:Image names 12 years 5 months ago #15475

I was trying to figure out the same issue. I decided to try out inserting PHP code into the Prefix box (and tinkering it with an underscore seperator) and it worked like a charm:
//<code> 
$rsuser=JFactory::getUser(); 
$user=$rsuser->get('username'); 
return $user.'_';
//</code>

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!