Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Calculated field

Calculated field 13 years 1 week ago #13479

Hi,

I am not sure this is possible, but worth asking. We have set up a fun game for our employees whereby they get to bet fantasy money on the Winners of a particular event. I want them to only be able to bet a max of 100 fantasy dollars throughout the event. Ideally I'd like to be able to set the value of 100 somewhere and then everytime a user enters a "stake" in a text box, and submits, RSforms will minus this from their Remaining balance.

Is this a big ask ;)??:woohoo:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Calculated field 13 years 5 days ago #13494

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

For this scenario it would be best to create a separate database table where you will keep record of each user's balance. When the user places a bet, you will also need to perform a database query that will update the value from your balance table accordingly (if the user won or lost the bet). You can see some examples on custom scripting for RSForm!Pro here:

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...ustom-scripting.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!