Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Capturing Parameter Passed in URL

Capturing Parameter Passed in URL 13 years 2 months ago #12946

• ESAdmin
  • Fresh Boarder
I would like to know how to capture a value passed in a parameter in the URL. I assume that I need to use the script tab but I have no idea how.
I will be using RSForms Pro for lead generation. I will be passing project numbers in the URL coming from different banner ads. So my parameter will simply be ?project=xxxxxxx.

Could someone please help a new user?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Capturing Parameter Passed in URL 13 years 2 months ago #12948

• learnthrusong
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi there,

If you have 2 forms - form 1 and form 2 - and for instance, you wish to pass field a1 (form 1) to a2 (form 2) you would do the following -

set your Return URL for form 1 to your second form in the 'Edit Form' Tab by appending &{al:value} to it as follows:
www.mysite.com/index.php?option=com_rsform&Itemid=(the itemid of your form 2 without barackets)&{al:value}

To catch it, you need to add the following code to your a2 field in form 2 -
//<code>
if (isset($_GET['a1']))
{$a1 = $_GET['a1'];}
return $a1;
//</code>

Hope this helps,

Gez

Re:Capturing Parameter Passed in URL 13 years 1 month ago #13136

• andreic
  • NOW ONLINE
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

An example on this topic can also be found here:

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...can-i-catch-it-.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!