Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: populate form with data from another form?

populate form with data from another form? 13 years 4 months ago #12300

• jlahm
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have to create a application form to gather information for a user. Later, there will be a second form to gather additional information from a subset of those who submitted the original form. I'd like to be able to pre-populate the second form with data from the first form. Is there a documented way to accomplish this? I have the initial form's data on a database, but don't see an easy way of providing this to the second form (there are about 15+ fields).

Jim
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:populate form with data from another form? 13 years 4 months ago #12315

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Unfortunately there isn't a easy way of doing this. You will have to use the default value area of each field (or items section) to load the values directly from the DB.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:populate form with data from another form? 13 years 1 month ago #13294

• CHCG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am lokking for a solution for this as well (if I interpret the question correct). Would it be possible for you to elaborate on the solution, i.e. the code that needs to be inserted in the default value field.

Specifically, I wish to populate a new form with submitted user data from a previous form, using a unique order number (already created in the "previous" form) as identifyer.

Your advise will be very much appreciated!

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!