Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Can I do this: Have a multi-page, copy info auto

Can I do this: Have a multi-page, copy info auto 13 years 4 months ago #12263

• BarnDog
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there a way to do this:

Create a multi-page form, and the info on the second page, have a check-box which, if checked, will populate some fields from the first page to the second page.

I have a family form where I collect info on the first page for a family member. On the second page, I collect the info on the spouse. If the address info is the same, I would like to grab it from the first form and pop it into the fields on the second form. Kind of like those where you get billing and shipping info which could be the same or different.

Any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can I do this: Have a multi-page, copy info auto 13 years 4 months ago #12274

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

This can be done... but it will require a little javascript to be placed in the CSS/Javascript tab, Javascript section. For example:
<script type="text/javascript">
function copyFields(param)
{
if(this.checked)
    document.getElementById('To_field').value =  document.getElementById('From_field').value;
else
    document.getElementById('To_field').value = '';
}
</script>

In the Additional attributes of the checkbox group you will have to add something like this:
onclick="copyFields(this);"
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!