Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Calculating Fields in rsform_list, Volunteer Site

Calculating Fields in rsform_list, Volunteer Site 13 years 6 months ago #11941

• Abruzzo
  • Fresh Boarder
www.mycnuserviceprofile.org

user: test
pass: test123

...is a small web tool that students from Christoper Newport University use to keep track of their volunteer hours as completed throughout their college careers. I have developed this joomla! site as a student project for the CNU Center for Service learning and Social Entrepreneurship and have two questions for the community. I've been plotting about the search tool and can't quite seem to find what I'm looking for.

1)

http://www.mycnuserviceprofile.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=65&Itemid=92

Im using the mod_rsform_list module in an article to display the current users previous submissions. I would like to be able to, say, add all of the fields, {hoursServed}, that display on the page so that students can see the total number of hours they have served at the bottom of the module.

2)

http://www.mycnuserviceprofile.org/index.php?option=com_rsform&view=rsform&Itemid=93

Also, in the hours submission form, I am trying to create a custom element (button) that would allow the user to "add another day" to their service hours form. I have played around with hidden fields and seperate pages to acheieve the effect, but I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a solution for having a user populate a new field from the front-end?

What do you think?

again the test account can be accessed with username:test pass:test123
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!