Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Free Text Field

Free Text Field 13 years 6 months ago #11916

Hi,

I'm using RSForm Pro for my form requirement. In that form, we have to put an agreement between the client and us. We use free text field as the agreement, as it contains some values that are passed from another field such as name. Everything works okay, however, when the form is submitted, I realised the free text element is not being sent or saved in the submission.

How can I get the free text field value saved in the database, as each agreement will have different names on it, and it is crucial that we keep each and everyone of them

Thanking you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Free Text Field 13 years 6 months ago #11940

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 60
Hello,

You could try adding a hidden field to your form that will store the agreement information when the form is submitted. You will need some custom scripting in order to create the hidden field's value based on the information submitted in the form.

The value submitted in your hidden field will be stored in the database, so you will have a record of all your agreements.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
Last Edit: 13 years 6 months ago by andreic.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!