Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Admin emails not being sent

Admin emails not being sent 13 years 6 months ago #11753

Some help or advice please...

I have been using RSFormsPro for a while now without issue, but on my latest installation I'm finding emails are not being sent to the admin contact.

When I change the admin contact to my own email address it works. However, the admin email address is valid as I can send and receive emails to it and from it from outlook.

I have tried varying the from email address so that it is not the same as the to email address but it makes not difference.

It's worth noting that I am checking the admin email account via webmail so it's not being filtered into a 'junk' folder or anything.

Anyone got any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Admin emails not being sent 13 years 6 months ago #11757

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

Since the emails are sent when you are using your personal email address, then there shouldn't be any problems with the functionality of the component. By any chance is the domain of your not working email address the same as you site's domain? If that is the case then please note that some email servers will not send emails for this particular scenario, it would be best to contact your hosting provider regarding this issue.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Admin emails not being sent 13 years 6 months ago #11759

Hi, Thanks for the response.

The email address I'm trying to use that isn't working is actually on a completely different host with a different domain, which is why I'm confused here.

The component works with other email addresses, the email address works when emailing via outlook, so very odd.

I guess I can fudge it by finding an email address that does work and then use email forwarding, but I'd rather not have to do that.

Any other ideas?

Re:Admin emails not being sent 13 years 3 months ago #12553

I have the same issue, its only just started happening and unsure what the problem is.

We have tried manually typing in email addresses for the domain and other third party systems such as our MAC email and gmail but nothing works when trying to receive the admin emails.

The user email is sent fine but not the admin one, i have already checked with the FAQ and other info regards the common issues and nothing in here seems to affect the fact that these admin emails are not being sent.

Any other ideas?

Would fully uninstalling and reinstalling the software help?

This is the latest versions of both J and the component.

Thanks

Derek

Re:Admin emails not being sent 13 years 2 months ago #12850

• nickel22
  • Fresh Boarder
Any luck with this??? It's terrible and perplexing. I am having the same problem...

Re:Admin emails not being sent 12 years 9 months ago #14286

• elixa
  • Fresh Boarder
I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
Are you using Optus webmail?

Re:Admin emails not being sent 12 years 9 months ago #14299

• pberntson
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I had same problem. We are using Google apps and MX records were set for that. Admin emails to user on our domain being set out of RSForm couldn't exit server. Hosting company had to add domains to remotedomain file on server and all is good.

Re: Admin emails not being sent 12 years 7 months ago #14826

• guy.r.beckett
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have exactly the same problem on two websites now.
Have submitted a support request,,,
The following user(s) said Thank You: cwinders

Re: Admin emails not being sent 12 years 5 months ago #15424

• cwinders
  • Fresh Boarder
guy.r.beckett wrote:
I have exactly the same problem on two websites now.
Have submitted a support request,,,

This is also just coming up for me as well.
When I was testing the site in my hose everything worked fine (GoDaddy)
When the site was moved to the clients host (iPower) the admin emails no longer work.

Re: Admin emails not being sent 12 years 5 months ago #15435

• cwinders
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok I got it figured out. It was in fact the site itself would not send emails.

To check this make a new user. If you get the new user confirmation then your site will send email.
Then the admin emails will come through.

The one thing that doesn't make sense is that the user emails still send regardless. So that makes it a bit harder to understand why the admin emails wouldn't send as well.

If you are having issues with this, check your site itself first. Make sure it sends and if so, you're golden!

Re: Admin emails not being sent 11 years 4 months ago #20532

I also had the same problem. Then I found that I had a rule that all emails coming from my own email, get deleted because normally this is spam. When you test, make sure the "From" email is not your own email in case you have the same rule on your email client.

Re: Admin emails not being sent 11 years 3 months ago #20959

Following worked for me:
If you are using 3rd party email service like - Google Apps or Outlook.com for email, and your server provides CPanel, then under CPanel go to MX Records. Under "Email Routing" heading, select "Remote Mail Exchanger".

Important: unsure you are using 3rd party email service. If you are using email server as provided by your hosting company, your emails can stop working.

Re:Admin emails not being sent 9 years 7 months ago #28791

• Dani5
  • Fresh Boarder
pberntson wrote:
I had same problem. We are using Google apps and MX records were set for that. Admin emails to user on our domain being set out of RSForm couldn't exit server. Hosting company had to add domains to remotedomain file on server and all is good.

You have the same problem, started to transfer the site to a hosting goddady

Any solutions?
Last Edit: 9 years 7 months ago by alexp. Reason: english only

Re:Admin emails not being sent 9 years 7 months ago #28946

• zbtcyy
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey dan, exactly same problem, just transfer to godaddy, and found admin mail can not send to my email which with my own domain name, did u fix that? thanks
Dani5 wrote:
pberntson wrote:

You have the same problem, started to transfer the site to a hosting goddady

Any solutions?

Re:Admin emails not being sent 9 years 5 months ago #29407

Am having the same issue. My user side works fine. But my admin email never get to my Godaddy email. Please Dan, how did you solve the problem?

Admin emails not being sent 7 years 10 months ago #35272

I have the same problem. Here is my setup

RSForm 1.51.14
Joomla 3.5.1

My email system is SMTP with MailJet.com

I configured my form so that the From address is different than the Joomla Global Config From address, and the To address is also different from the sender.

Email is sent for user but not sent for admin.

In MailJet I can see a log of every email that is received from Joomla for delivery, so that I can track what messages were actually delivered to destination, or if they bounced.

The admin email is never even sent to the SMTP server.

There is a bug in RSForm.

Admin emails not being sent 7 years 3 months ago #36270

I can confirm the problem still persists.

And it's generated by Rs Forms as other components work fine.

This is the error Im getting:
"SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 550 Messages should have one or no From headers, not 2."

Im using the lastest version of RS Forms v1.52.5.

I contacted my hosting company and they confirmed it's an issue related to the 3er Party Addon.

Would there be any solution for this? Thanks.

Admin emails not being sent 7 years 3 months ago #36274

• adrianp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 146
Hello,

The same script is being used on this and there's no reason why the User email would work and the Admin email not - these can be used vice-versa. Further to this RSForm!Pro has been designed to work using the same standard Joomla! email sending function sendMail() as your installation does.

@rubenreyes - you should test this by using the same email address and from name as the ones you've specified via Global Configuration mailing settings. Some mailers might not allow specifying different values such as sending on behalf of another account (and not something you can control from RSForm!Pro).

@carloscrison - if you're using a custom script on this it would be best to remove these approaches while testing this. Also, you may try completely clearing out the from name and see if the email you receive still has one. If it does then this isn't added by RSForm!Pro.

For further difficulties, you can always submit a customer support ticket directly.
This is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a support ticket here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: carloscrison

Admin emails not being sent 7 years 3 months ago #36279

Thanks for the response. This issue has been solved with recent releases of RSForm.

At the least the issue I was having is that RSForm was not performing any checking/warning regarding email address syntax and validity. In my case, the To field had a character that making the email address invalid and it was breaking the process.

I believe the most recent version of RSForm has some checking or warning.

Admin emails not being sent to email from domain 5 years 9 months ago #38321

Hi there,

I have an issue with the admin-mails.
So when a mail is sent via RS Forms; the users gets his mail. Also the admin-user gets a mail as well EXCEPT when the e-mailaddress is the same as the domain (www.domain.com). If i set as admin: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , I receive the gmail-mail but not the domainmail. it's weird only the-mailaddresses from the domain is blocked. All other pass through.

Do I need to change something somewhere?

Admin emails not being sent to email from domain 5 years 3 months ago #38744

Edited: Deleted and responded with quote.
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by mark.hobbs.

Admin emails not being sent to email from domain 5 years 3 months ago #38745

djieply.mai wrote:
Hi there,

So when a mail is sent via RS Forms; the users gets his mail. Also the admin-user gets a mail as well EXCEPT when the e-mailaddress is the same as the domain (www.domain.com). If i set as admin: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it , I receive the gmail-mail but not the domainmail. it's weird only the-mailaddresses from the domain is blocked. All other pass through.

I have exactly the same problem. RSForm! Pro 2.0.6

I can confirm this problem still exists in 2.0.15.

I am also using google relay in the joomla configuration to send emails (which is configured and working correctly).

Mark
Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by mark.hobbs.

Admin emails not being sent to email from domain 5 years 3 months ago #38746

mark.hobbs wrote:
djieply.mai wrote:
Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem. RSForm! Pro 2.0.6

I can confirm this problem still exists in 2.0.15.

I am also using google relay in the joomla configuration to send emails (which is configured and working correctly).

Mark

I discovered the source of my problem. Gmail identified every admin email as spam since it came from the website (not gmail). All emails with my domain as the sender were being sent straight to the spam folder. It was necessary to add my website ip address to google's whitelist as well as edit the SPF to include google.

Mark

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!