Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: My data is GONE after UPDATE!!!!! What the heck?

My data is GONE after UPDATE!!!!! What the heck? 13 years 6 months ago #11727

Just did an update from within Joomla... my form and my data are gone. I don't know where to start, where to look, what to do...

Funny thing is, well not so funny, is that I did an upgrade because the old version wasn't working so well anymore. The backup didn't work and it wouldn't let me move past page one of my submissions.

But now it's all completely gone, 1800+ submission and I am besides myself upset.

This is so crazy. How can an update do this? for a commercial product?

Is any recovery method available?

OK, so I will browse around here looking for some clues and maybe some kind soul can point me in the right direction?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:My data is GONE after UPDATE!!!!! What the heck? 13 years 6 months ago #11729

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

The update process of RSForm!Pro does not delete the old forms and submissions. Can you please specify what revisions did you perform the update from? Before revision 20, the database tables in RSForm!Pro were written in uppercase, while after revision 20 they were switched to lowercase. You can read the product changelog in order to view this modification:

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...rmpro-changelog.html

Since the new revisions will search for your forms information in tables with names written in lowercase, your forms and submission will not be found. Please submit a ticket to our tech support team regarding this issue.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!