Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: I don't understand

I don't understand 13 years 7 months ago #11580

• richiep
  • Expert Boarder
Just upgraded to the latest version of RSForm Pro and all of the links to the forms on my site are broken. If I had known it'd break all my previous work I would have never upgraded. These kinds of problems happened after the last upgrade as well.

I've used RSForm Pro for about three years and it has been an increadibly powerful tool. I've gone out to the world and recommended it to dozens of others. Now I wear egg on my face with these updates that break my work.

Is it time to start looking for another web form solution?

Very unhappy and confused.

Richiep
Last Edit: 13 years 7 months ago by octavian.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:I don't understand 13 years 7 months ago #11581

• Dozza
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Is it time to start looking for another web form solution?

Time to start using Akeeba Backup! Not very helpful, bu it's usually user-error rather than the upgrade itself

Re:I don't understand 13 years 7 months ago #11583

• richiep
  • Expert Boarder
Apparently they changed the way you embed a form in a page.

communitycycles.org/contact.html

Notice the link to the form {rsform 9} I've used that syntax for three years and after this upgrade it doesn't work any more.

How do I embed forms in the new version?

Re:I don't understand 13 years 7 months ago #11586

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Rich,

The problem is generated on your installation by the fact that you do not have enough permissions set on the plugins folder. Due to this fact the update did not go through properly. Just make sure that you have writable permissions set on the mentioned folder and run the update again. After you have done this, enable the RSform!Pro content plugin.

And no the syntax hasn't changed.

A error message is displayed when installing the update if it can't install something... but i guess you ignored it and blamed RSform!Pro.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:I don't understand 13 years 7 months ago #11587

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Just some little in-depth info:
RSForm! Pro 1.3.0 has been rewritten from scratch to use the Joomla! MVC architecture. Due to this fact, all of the plugins were rewritten as well. Because we do not want to break our customer's websites (by creating fatal errors), the installation of RSForm! Pro also updates the current plugins that the customer has installed. However, when the updating of plugins fails (lack of permissions), the old plugins are disabled and an error message is presented.

Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:I don't understand 13 years 6 months ago #11817

How do you get back and find this information if you need to follow-up on it?

Oh and "just some little in-depth info", it sure would help to realize I have a warning if it wasn't green. True, it is our responsibility to read the information. However, the natural tendency is to think things went well if it was GREEN and there's no RED. So, then I would be accused of "ignoring the message". Especially when the so called warning message is a continuation of the successful installation message.

Just a friendly suggestion.

octavian wrote:
Just some little in-depth info:
RSForm! Pro 1.3.0 has been rewritten from scratch to use the Joomla! MVC architecture. Due to this fact, all of the plugins were rewritten as well. Because we do not want to break our customer's websites (by creating fatal errors), the installation of RSForm! Pro also updates the current plugins that the customer has installed. However, when the updating of plugins fails (lack of permissions), the old plugins are disabled and an error message is presented.

Last Edit: 13 years 6 months ago by tasmanent. Reason: just color

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!