Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Entering data on page 1 displaying it on page 2?

Entering data on page 1 displaying it on page 2? 13 years 7 months ago #11488

I have a simple 2 page form, and enter data on page one that I want to display (NOT Edit) on page 2 as a confirmation before the form is submitted.

This seems like an obvious feature/functionality so I'm guessing that 'm missing something?

Things I've tried:

I tried manually editing the form layout and adding a reference:

I assumed that {CompanyName:value} would display the data, but it just shows {CompanyName:value} on the page, not the value, as if the element has no data.

{CompanyName:body} shows the actual data entry field and allows edits. I only want to display the data.

I've also tried using free text and returning a value via JavaScript like this:

<script type="text/javascript">
return document.getElementById('CompanyName').value;
</script>

That displays nothing.

So what am I missing?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!