Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Stop attachments being archived in the database?

Stop attachments being archived in the database? 13 years 8 months ago #11434

• sam27
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,

I really like the RSFORM pro that I am using succesffully in a multilingual website.

In my case, when a user fills the form, he has to attached a document, using the attachment function. But the attachment file is saved in the database, which I don't want for security reasons. I only want the attachment to be sent by email

How could I stop the RSFORM from archiving the attachment in the database ?

Many thanks,
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Stop attachments being archived in the database? 13 years 8 months ago #11440

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 60
Hello,

Do you want to remove only the information stored in the database regarding your attachments, or do you want to remove the attachments completely from your server after they are sent in the email?
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Stop attachments being archived in the database? 13 years 8 months ago #11441

• ddsun
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello

I think he mean sending an email with attachment file, but the file should be sent only via email and not stored in the database, so admin will receive the mail with file attached, but this file should never been in the database !

Dunno if i'm clear enough !!!

Cheers

Re:Stop attachments being archived in the database? 13 years 8 months ago #11442

• sam27
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. The attached file should be sent only by email and not stored in the database, so admin will receive the mail with the file attached, but the attached file should not been saved in the database. The rest of the information of the form can be saved in the database.

Many thanks for help!

Re:Stop attachments being archived in the database? 13 years 8 months ago #11463

• sam27
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello again,

I am really stuck on this, anyone has an idea ? I was told by support that a script would do it. The problem is I have no idea on how to write this script.

I had a look and saw this link as an example:
www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...rough-the-email.html

I think it can be useful for the community, because storing an attached file on the server could potentially represent a risk.

Thanks and regards,

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!