Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Populating the email with form data

Populating the email with form data 13 years 8 months ago #11425

• kevin.morrison
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
This has had me puzzled for some time. I go to create the email that is delivered and although it is easier to select>drag>drop. I have never understood why a field is displayed like this:

Name
{Name:caption}
{Name:Value}

See the first line is the bold caption that labels the field. So then why add {Name:caption} and essentially what you have is the caption twice?

So I add all this but then have to go and remove either Name or {Name:caption} so I don't look like a moron to anyone I send the email to.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Populating the email with form data 13 years 7 months ago #11437

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 60
Hello,

The "Quick Add" list was designed to have the field name and the two available placeholders that can be used {field:caption} and {field:value}. The field name and caption do not always have the same value, this is the reason they are both listed under "Quick add".
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!