Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: validation reloads form but clears it too

validation reloads form but clears it too 13 years 8 months ago #11240

• cruzio
  • Fresh Boarder
Is there a way to stop a form from being cleared when validation catches an error?

In my particular case, I have a select dropdown, and I've made it required. So imagine a user not making a selection, but filling out the other fields and typing a long message. After they submit the form, RSForm! Pro very helpfully displays the message telling them they need to choose an option from the select. But the rest of the form is cleared, so they lose all their hard work in typing that long message.

Is there anything I can do to make the form retain the other field values?

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:validation reloads form but clears it too 13 years 8 months ago #11285

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

Please make sure that you have cache disabled on your site from

Extensions >Plugin Manager > System - Cache
Site > Global Configuration > System > Cache settings

Also please delete the remaining cache from Tools > Clean Cache.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!