Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Horizontal Textbox alignment

Horizontal Textbox alignment 13 years 8 months ago #11230

Hi, I have created a large multi-page form, and on one page there are three related Textboxes. I've displayed the Textboxes aligned horizontally, rather than vertically. Note: After creating the initial form, I duplicated it and then turned off AutoGeneration to edit the styles. Then I removed the </tr> <tr> between the last two rows to get all the textboxes to line up in the same row. BUT, the last two items are right-justified, not left-justified.

Can someone suggest a style or css change to get the last two items to line up closer to the left?

Thanks very much, Ian
(I have tried both <td style="align:left"> and <td align="left">, neither worked.)

<tr>
<td style="width:400px">{Grade:caption}</td>
<td>{Grade:body}<div class="formClr"></div>{Grade:validation}</td>
<td>{Student Grade:description}</td>

<td style="width:200px">{Students:caption}</td>
<td>{Students:body}<div class="formClr"></div>{Students:validation}</td>
<td>{Students:description}</td>

<td style="width:200px">{Teachers:caption}</td>
<td>{Teachers:body}<div class="formClr"></div>{Teachers:validation}</td>
<td>{Teachers:description}</td>
</tr>
Last Edit: 13 years 8 months ago by iw_rsjoomla.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Horizontal Textbox alignment 13 years 8 months ago #11283

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

This may be caused by the fact that you have set the width of your "Grade" field to "400". Please try reducing this size and see if the fields will be lined up closer to the left.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Horizontal Textbox alignment 13 years 8 months ago #11302

Hi, That turned out to be part of the solution, but I also realized that the column width was determined by other elements in the table that were not shown. It was a combination of issues, and I was able to get an acceptable alignment by experimenting with width: and align: styles.
Thx, Ian

Re:Horizontal Textbox alignment 13 years 8 months ago #11303

Ian,
Could you possibly put in a small sample of what you did to get your spacing to work. I don't code but what you did made some sense so I'd like to see what the "align" did for the form.
Thanks,
Kathy A.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!