Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: RSEvent failing to populate upon form submitting

RSEvent failing to populate upon form submitting 13 years 10 months ago #10910

I am using a slightly modified version of the Custom PayPal form () to allow my registered user to register for an event created with RSEvents. I changed the First Name, Last Name, and Email fields in the provided form to the RSEvents Components. The "products" are used for users to purchase meal tickets (i.e. Beef, Chicken, or Salmon Dinners with the quantity desired for each). Within RSEvents Joomla Component I have selected this customized form as the Registration form used for registering.

When a registered user logs-in and goes to this event, and clicks on "subscribe" the form populates both name fields and email correctly, and functions overall properly. When the user submits the form it creates an entry in within RSForm under "Manage Submissions" for that form, but fails to create an entry for RSEvents under "Subscribers" for that event. The form redirects to PayPal properly too.

Any suggestions on how to get the form to create an entry in RSEvents prior to the redirect to PayPal?

The main reasons for an entry in RSEvents is for tacking and emailing.
1. To keep all submissions as pending until the PayPal payment is received.
2. To easily email all registered persons with updates.

Below is the code entered in the customized form under the "Scripts" tab within the "Script called after form has been processed" box. (Required single quote marks have been removed from code.)
if($_POST[form][Total] != 0)
{ 
 $business = me@mybusiness.com; 
 $item_name = Products; 
 $currency_code = USD; 
 $amount = $_POST[form][Total]; 
 $return = http://google.com;
 header(Location: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=.$business.&item_name=.$item_name.&currency_code=.$currency_code.&amount=.$amount.&return=.$return); exit();
}

If I remove the "exit" statement, upon submitting, entries are made in both RSForm and RSEvents, but the user is not redirected to PayPal to pay the total.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RSEvent failing to populate upon form submitting 13 years 10 months ago #10916

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 60
Hello,

This is most likely caused by the fact that the script redirects to PayPal before the subscription is recorded in RSEvents!. You could try creating the subscription through RSForm!Pro, so that the users is subscribed before the redirect is made.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:RSEvent failing to populate upon form submitting 13 years 10 months ago #10918

I forgot to list which modified example form I was using in the last post. I have modified the "RSForm!Pro custom PayPal example" (http://www.joomla-form.com/component/content/article/9). Again it is modified so I can select it as the registration form from within RSEvents instead of using the "default" form.

An entry or subscription is made when the form is submitted within the RSForm!Pro Component, but how do I "force" or create the subscription within RSEvents Component, prior to the redirect happening? If I remove the "header" statement and the exit statement, both subscriptions are recorded in both components or tables.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!