Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Adding values in form - can it be done?

Adding values in form - can it be done? 13 years 10 months ago #10703

• sandstorm871
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I need a Form to use for trade customers on my site, where the would input there contact details and then select from around 20 products they want to order.
This would obviously get sent to us Via Email.

Ive no problem here setting all this up, but is there anyway I can add a value/price to the product they'll be requesting within the form so that if they select 2 of productA, 3 of productB, 1 of productC, etc.

As well as getting a confirmation Email with the order, could it add up the cost they would have to pay to us?
This could be sent to the customer & us.

Alternatively could this be done, within the component as the customer adds each individual item?

Thanks in advance.

Andy Connell
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Adding values in form - can it be done? 13 years 10 months ago #10730

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

This can be achieved but it will require some custom scripting. You will need to add a script in the "Form Layout" tab between the <script type="text/javascript"> </script> tags and trigger it each time the user chooses an item or when the form is submitted. You can see a couple of examples on simple calculations with RSForm!Pro here:

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...-with-rsformpro.html

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...up-calculations.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Adding values in form - can it be done? 13 years 10 months ago #10795

• denisa
  • Fresh Boarder
Just I don't know, I think to development a such project. Definitely one I care to know if this objective could be achieved and will be back with news
Denisa, Constanta

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!