Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Pass in query variable from URL to hidden field

Pass in query variable from URL to hidden field 13 years 11 months ago #10623

I have a form we are using for lead generation. There are several marketing channels we are pushing to this form page. We are using Omniture for site analytics, so when a user clicks an add we include a tracking code as a query variable, so they get a URL like this: www.someurl.com/formpage?cpn=paidsearch

What I would like to do is be able to pass in some data (like the query variable, in this case "paidsearch") into a hidden field on the form so the sales people who are reaching out to the customers can know what channel they came from. It is also important to know what our close rate is by channel, so knowing where the leads come from is important.

I understand that I could create a new for for each marketing channel, but that just seems like a bad idea, since every time we needed to make a change to the form, I would have to make it 7 times. Any help would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Pass in query variable from URL to hidden field 13 years 11 months ago #10624

Just some more info. I have found that I can use php to read out the query variables. Placing this php block on the page does read out the value of the 'cpn' variable correctly.

< ?php echo $_GET; ? >

Just an FYI that I have been using the Joomla plugin DirectPHP which allows you to run php directly within Joomla content pages.

So my question changes a little. Can the hidden field be programmed to read out this variable using php, since it is accessible on the page?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!