Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: form submission

form submission 13 years 11 months ago #10620

Hello - I'm new to this and have searched to forums but find no help...

Maybe it's because I'm used to other types of form scripts - but I was expecting to receive an email with the form submission by email (in addition to it being in the submissions tag in the back end)

I've set up an admin email - but can't add the form fields to the body of the email - and I can't see where I need to configure the default email to which the form results are sent (if indeed this happens)

The work around I've implemented is to have an email sent to the admin to let them know that there has been a submission - then they need to go into the back end and take a look - is this the way it's supposed to work, or am I missing something?

The form is working, and I get the (empty) admin email I've set up, and the submission goes to the back end - so maybe that's it....

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:form submission 13 years 11 months ago #10647

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 60
Hello,

Please note that you can send the submitted data in the user email with the help of the field placeholders. Each field has it's own placeholder that stores the data submitted in the form. For example if you have a field named "test" the correct placeholder will be {test:value}. You can see a list of all available placeholder that can be used in the user email on the right side of your screen under "Quick add". You can also read more about this in he following article:

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...forms/74-emails.html
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!