Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Security image only for non registered users

Security image only for non registered users 13 years 11 months ago #10428

I have a public form that is visible by registered and non registered users. Is there a way to not require the security image for people that are logged into the site? I have a few older people that are having trouble with the security images so I thought if they log into the site first which proved they were not bots then there is no need for the security image to be put in prior to submitting.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Security image only for non registered users 13 years 11 months ago #10450

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

You could try using the invisible captcha feature instead of your normal captcha field. In order to use this feature please make sure that you are using the latest version of RSForm!Pro, then go to Components > RSForm!Pro > Manage forms > select your form > Components, edit your captcha field and set the "Image Generation" property of your field to "Invisible".
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Security image only for non registered users 12 years 9 months ago #14199

Hi

I've the same need with RSform!Pro.
With the suggestion from andreic the label is still shown and the captcha always invisible.

The captcha (inlcuding label) has to be shown to guest users but NOT to logged-in/registered users.

Anyone can help with that?
Thanks,
Tom

Re:Security image only for non registered users 12 years 9 months ago #14219

Why not duplicate the form, remove the captcha and create a menu item that is visible only to registered users. To make sure they get the one without captcha, use the form URL as the destination URL following login. Just a thought.

Re:Security image only for non registered users 12 years 9 months ago #14290

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

Another solution would be to create a duplicate of your current form, but without the CAPTCHA field. You will then need to add a custom script in "Scripts called on form display" on your initial form that verifies if the user is logged in or not. If he is then he will be redirected to the duplicate form that does not have a CAPTCHA field, if he is not then he will need to submit the original form that contains the CAPTCHA field.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!