Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Bug in reset button?

Bug in reset button? 14 years 1 month ago #10202

This is not much of a problem, yet, but could be later on.

Let's say i have 8 fields to answer/fill out and all 8 are required to answer/fill out. If i just answer/fill out say only some of them and NOT all and then i click submit, of course it will tell me i have required fields left to be answered/filled out BUT it will not let me reset the fields when clicking the reset button, after the fact.

Basically, the reset button does NOT work after the submit button has already been pushed and there are still required fields to be filled in.

Can this be fixed so that the reset button still empties all the fields even after the submit button has been pushed?
Last Edit: 14 years 1 month ago by divad011276.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Bug in reset button? 14 years 1 month ago #10208

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Actually this has already been discussed in several forum posts... but i will try to explain to you too.

This is not an actual bug but a design implementation. If you click submit, the default value of the fields actually change, thus pressing the reset button will not erase the fields. You will notice that if you press the reset button before pressing the submit the data will be erased from the fields.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!