Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: How to sort records displayed by mod_rsform_list ?

How to sort records displayed by mod_rsform_list ? 14 years 1 month ago #10144

• alan5
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I want to put up a front-end membership list for registered access. Click on a field title and see the sort by name; click on city to see sort by city; sort by zipcode, etc.

Now I can display a narrow list with 4 or 5 essential fields. Click on the person's name, and I get full details on address, tele number, cell number, etc. This is good.

So far, it works, but I need to sort on those 4 or 5 fields. Like I can do in the back-end in the "Manage Submissions" area.

How to do it?

Alan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to sort records displayed by mod_rsform_list ? 14 years 1 month ago #10169

• komita
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I''m looking for this capability also. Thanks.

also, once you click on the link to all the details, can we have a choice to edit at that point? this would be extremely helpful.

Re:How to sort records displayed by mod_rsform_list ? 13 years 1 month ago #13131

• scott.garrett2
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
we also needed to sort entries in mod_rsform_list

the example below justs lists submissions with a particular date. but it could be any string you want.

its pretty basic. put the code in the Row layout box
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var d = "Wed, 13-04-2011";
var e = "1302681600";
var nameVar = "{EventDate:value}"; 
if (d==nameVar || e==nameVar)
  { 
document.write('<tr><td>{RSEventsFirstName:value} {RSEventsLastName:value}</td>');
document.write('<td>{RSEventsEmail:value}</td>');
document.write('<td>{ContactNumber:value}</td>');
document.write('<td>{EventDetails:value}</td>');
document.write('<td>{EventHost:value}</td>');
document.write('<td>{HearAbout:value}</td>');
document.write('<td>{EventDate:value}</td></tr>');
  }
else{
document.write('');
    }
//-->
</script>

hope this helps anyone with the same needs
Last Edit: 13 years 1 month ago by scott.garrett2.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!