Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Waitlist ticket system

Waitlist ticket system 14 years 2 months ago #10009

• servicefly
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Can any of you experienced Developers help me with this?

I need to build a website where an employee enters ticket numbers into a form resulting in said numbers being displayed on another page 10 at a time(last 10 called). I think this part can be accomplished by RSForms Pro. I'm hoping all of this can be accomplished by RSForms Pro.

Next, I need users to register as members providing their ticket number for the day. When a ticket number matching the member's is input by employee above, I need an automated email sent out (a sms would also be awesome) to the member who's ticket matches.

NOTE: I expect the member ticket entry form to be separate from the registration form. Also, I will have a ticket called entry form for the employee.

Finally, I need the member to be able to login at a later time and enter a new ticket number for that day to receive notification. Basically this resets the ticket list database each day and the members ticket number association.

Scenario: We have a store where a new product is available causing a line around the building. My client wants to give out ticket numbers to the people in line and have them register on the website through their phone. One of his employees will be entering a ticket number into the website backend as it is called (hopefully through a simple form). Need to notify the website member when their number is 5 away (member's number is 30, they get automated email/sms when 25 is called). There will be 3 lines, so each ticket will have an "A", "B", or "C" in front of the number.

NOTE: No calendar functions are necessary or desired for the site.

Thanks for any help in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Waitlist ticket system 14 years 2 months ago #10076

• servicefly
  • Junior Boarder
Attention Admins/Moderators/Sales

If you can provide a suggestion, I am willing to purchase any and every component you recommend. Add a paid subscription component in the mix as well and tell me how to integrate them all and you have a customer.

Thanks.

Re:Waitlist ticket system 14 years 2 months ago #10080

• alexp
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

It seems that you are after a very specific scenario. Unfortunately i don't see any of our components/plugins that will fit your needs without some level of source code modifications or custom scripting.

Indeed... it could be done with RSform!Pro and mod_rsform_list module but yet again a lot of custom scripting (mainly PHP and MySQL) would have to be used.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Waitlist ticket system 14 years 2 months ago #10087

Only glitch with your idea is that it would allow people to 'virtually' cut in line using SMS to get ahead of everyone else that waited outside in line if I am understanding this correctly, in that you want something like the 'take a number' system used in service locations where you pull the number from a roll, and then wait for the "now Serving" LED to show your number, except you want people to be able to SMS to get their number sent to them, and then have a SMS notice when they are within 10 numbers from being served.

Good thing in theory if everyone has cell phones with SMS and doesn't have to pay for it, but what about people that don't.

Think this would be a better thing to ask in somewhere like the iPhone apps development area on other sites.

Some of these things like Top 10 can be done with SQL using a database, same as registration by SMS, but the load your idea would place on the system would be inefficient, and again it doesn't take into account everyone without SMS that might have camped outside your business to get a good place in line.

They have tried systems like this for selling event tickets, and now it is easy to abuse the system and "sell out" the event by electronically manipulating the system and cheat everyone else out of tickets so you can auction them off online.

But best of luck, hopefully I have given you some other ideas to try.... or put the 'take a number' roll outside, and an LED Display in the window with "NOW SERVING" on it so people would know.

Re:Waitlist ticket system 14 years 2 months ago #10108

• servicefly
  • Junior Boarder
You misunderstand; I don't need anyone to cut in line. I need the code to make this work.

I need code to prefill a hidden field from a mysql query. My client gives the numbers out but doesn't want his clients to have to stay on premise to wait. No cutting in line occurs.

I am pretty sure I need code to for the default value in a hidden field to query the jos_rsform_submissions_values table for a matching record, then call the email address for the same matching record.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!