Plugin - VerticalResponse (Create custom newsletter subscription forms)
The plugin can be downloaded by logging into our website using the account that holds the subscription and heading to Downloads >> My Downloads area.
The RSForm!Pro VerticalResponse Integration Plugin is a plugin that once installed and enabled will allow you to create custom subscription forms for Vertical Response email-marketing manager through RSForm!Pro.
Downloading and Installing the plugin
You can download the plugin by logging with your purchase user, then head to Downloads > My Downloads > RSForm!Pro - view all plugins and modules > RSForm!Pro Files > Plugins > "VerticalResponse Plugin for Joomla! 3.x".
In the backend of your Joomla! installation go to the Extensions > Install/Uninstall page, and install the plugin. Next thing is to publish the plugin, to do this go to Extensions > Plug-in Manager, search for the "RSForm! Pro - VerticalResponse" plugin and publish it.
Configuring the plugin
Configuring VerticalResponse can be done from Components >> RSForm!Pro >> Configuration >> VerticalResponse tab:
- API Key: The API Key for the application created using the VerticalResponse Developers account
- API Secret: The Secret Key for the application created using the VerticalResponse Developers account
Tutorial: How to create a signup form for Vertical Response
Generate API Key and API Secret
- Head to Verticalresponse Developers page
- Click on "GET AN API KEY" button
- Register a new Mashery ID
- Activate the account using the link sent to the email address used in the registration process
- Sign in to VerticalResponse API Portal using Mashery ID
- Click on the "Get API Keys" button and Register Your New Application by completing the form displayed
- Notice that a "Key" and "Secret" key have been generated.
Configure the RSForm!Pro Vertical Response plugin
- Head to Components > RSForm!Pro > Configuration > VerticalResponse tab
- Add the "API Key" and "API Secret" from your VerticalResponse API Portal (make sure your keys does not contain any white spaces)
- Click on "Save" button at the top
- Head back to "VerticalResponse" tab within the RSForm!Pro Configuration and click on the "Authorize" button.
- You will be redirected to Vertical Response website and asked to login in order to allow your application to access and update your VerticalResponse account.
- After logging in you will be redirected to back to RSForm!Pro Configuration page and if the VerticalResponse Token was saved in the database, the "Authorize" button will become green.
Enable VerticalResponse Integration
- Head to Components > RSForm!Pro > Manage Forms > Select your form > Properties
- Click on the "VerticalResponse" tab from the left sidebar
- Set to "Yes" the "Enable VerticalResponse Integration" option
- You will notice that VerticalResponse default options will be displayed
- Select your VerticalResponse Contact list using the "Select a list" option
- The next step is to select your RSForm!Pro form fields that corresponds to the VerticalResponse list.
- First Name - a textbox field where the user can fill in his first name
- Last Name - a textbox field for the user to fill in his last name
- Email - a textbox field for the user's email address
- Head over to frontend area and submit the newly configured RSForm!Pro form
- Check your selected VerticalResponse Contact list for new entries
One person found this article helpful.