RSForm!Pro - Mailchimp
With this integration you will be able to create subscription forms, pass users data to your Mailchimp account and assign them to the existing lists and groups.
Tutorial - Using RSForm!Pro together with MailChimp
The RSForm!Pro - MailChimp is a plugin that once installed and enabled will allow you to create custom subscription forms for the email-marketing manager. In this tutorial, you will learn how to install the plugin, then how to set up your MailChimp integration.
In order to make the plugin work, you need:
- Joomla! 2.5 or 3.x
- Latest revision of RSForm! Pro
- an active Mailchimp account
Getting the RSForm!Pro - MailChimp plugin
In order to download the RSForm!Pro - MailChimp Plugin you must have at least one active code of RSForm!Pro. Simply go to the My Downloads section of our website (You must be logged-in in order to see the My Downloads section).
In the list of downloads go to the RSForm!Pro section, and download the RSForm!Pro - MailChimp plugin.
Installing the plugin
Once you have downloaded the RSForm!Pro - MailChimp Plugin, you can install it using the default Joomla! installer as shown in the image below:
The RSForm!Pro MailChimp Plugin should auto-publish itself, but if that doesn't happen, you can go to Extensions / Plugin Manager and enable it. The plugin is located in the System group and you can identify it by the name of "System - RSForm! Pro MailChimp"
Enabling the integration
Once you have enabled the plugin, go to RSForm!Pro » Manage Forms and edit the form where you want to use the RSForm!Pro - MailChimp Plugin. You will notice that one more tab has appeared.
In order for the plugin to work you will have to enable it from Extensions > Plugin Manager, enter your MailChimp API key in Components > RSForm!Pro > Configuration > MailChimp and then set the plugin parameters.
After selecting your desired form, you will have to:
The integration also offers the possibility to set up some additional parameters regarding the Subscribe and Unsubscribe processes:
- Double Opt-In: Set to Yes in order to send a confirmation message when the user subscribes
- Update Existing ?: Set to Yes in order to have subscribers updated (if they already exist). Otherwise, an error will be thrown
- Replace Interests ?: Set to Yes in order to replace the existing interests with the provided ones. Otherwise, both the old and new interests will be kept
- Send Welcome Email ?: Set this option to Yes and Double Opt-In to No in order to send a welcome email to new subscribers (already existing subscribers will not get the email)
- Delete Member ?: Set to Yes to have the member deleted when he unsubscribes
- Send Goodbye Email ?: Set to Yes to send a goodbye email when the member unsubscribes
- Send Notification Email ?: Set to Yes to send an Unsubscribe Notification Email when a member unsubscribes
Ep. 33 - Using RSForm!Pro with Mailchimp