Plugin - Campaign Monitor (Create custom newsletter subscription forms)
The plugin can be downloaded by logging into our website using the account that holds the subscription and heading to Downloads >> My Downloads area.
The RSForm!Pro Campaign Monitor Integration Plugin is a plugin that once installed and enabled will allow you to create custom subscription forms for Campaign Monitor email-marketing manager through RSForm!Pro.
Downloading and Installing the plugin
You can download the plugin by logging with your purchase user, then head to Downloads > My Downloads > RSForm!Pro - view all plugins and modules > RSForm!Pro Files > Plugins > "Campaign Monitor Plugin form Joomla! 3.0".
In the backend of your Joomla! installation go to the Extensions > Install/Uninstall page, and install the plugin. Next thing is to publish the plugin, to do this go to Extensions > Plug-in Manager, search for the "RSForm! Pro - Campaign Monitor" plugin and publish it.
Configuring the plugin
Configuring Campaign Monitor can be done from Components >> RSForm!Pro >> Configuration >> Campaign Monitor tab:
- API Key: The API Key associated with your Campaign Monitor Account
- Client ID: The Client ID code associated with your Campaign Monitor Account
Tutorial: How to create a signup form for Campaign Monitor
Generate your Campaign Monitor API key
- Head to Campaign Monitor website and create an account
- Activate the account using the link sent to the email address used in the registration process
- Login into your Campaign Monitor account
- Head to MyAccount > Manage Account > API keys
- Click on "Show API Key" link
Configure the RSForm!Pro Campaign Monitor plugin
- Head to Components > RSForm!Pro > Configuration > Campaign Monitor tab
- Add the API Key and Client id from your Campaign Monitor account(make sure your keys does not contain any white spaces)
- Click on "Save" button at the top
Enable Campaign Monitor Integration
- Head to Components > RSForm!Pro > Manage Forms > Select your form > Properties
- Click on the "Campaign Monitor" tab from the left sidebar
- Set to "Yes" the "Enable Campaign Monitor Integration" option
- Click on "Create Default List" button in order to automatically crete a subscriber list or you can manually crete a subscriber list by following these indications.
- Select your Campaign Monitor subscriber list using the "Select a list" option
- The next step is to map the information submitted in the form to Campaign Monitor fields. This can be easily done by selecting the RSForm!Pro field that will be used for a particular Campaign Monitor field using the dropdown located next to the field name.
- Name - a textbox field for the user to fill in his name
- Email - a textbox field for the user's email address
- Head over to frontend area and submit the newly configured RSForm!Pro form
- Check your selected Campaign Monitor subscriber list for new entries
One person found this article helpful.