Plugin - Authorize.Net (Create custom order forms)
The RSForm!Pro Authorize.Net Payment Integration Plugin allows you to add a new payment method to the existing Payment Package of RSForm!Pro.
Downloading and Installing the plugin
You can download the plugin by logging with your purchase user, then head to Downloads > Paid downloads > RSForm!Pro - Modules & Plugins > "Authorize.Net Plugin".
In the backend of your Joomla! installation go to the Extensions > Install/Uninstall page, and install the plugin. Next thing is to publish the plugin, to do this go to Extensions > Plug-in Manager, search for the "RSForm! Pro - Authorize.Net" plugin and publish it.
Configuring the plugin
Configuring Authorize.Net payment gateway can be done from Components >> RSForm!Pro >> Configuration >> AuthorizeNet tab:
- Login ID: Merchant’s unique API Login ID. The merchant API Login ID is provided in the Merchant Interface and must be stored securely.
- Transaction Key: Merchant’s unique Transaction Key. The merchant Transaction Key is provided in the Merchant Interface and must be stored securely.
- Sandbox Mode: No / Yes - Enable or disable Test Mode
- Pre-Authorize Credit Card: No / Yes - This will verify the credit card details before the submission is made in order to ensure that a valid credit card is used.
- Tax Type: Percent (%) / Fixed Rate
- Tax Value: Amount of tax. Total amount of the transaction must include this amount.
How to use the Authorize.Net plugin
After configuring the Authorize.Net parameters from Components >> RSForm!Pro >> Configuration >> AuthorizeNet tab, there are some additional steps that needs to be taken in order the payment process to work properly:
Making sure the form is sent to the payment processor
The payment details will only be sent to the Authorize.Net payment processor if the user selects Authorize.Net from the "Choose Payment" field before submitting the form.
The "Choose Payment" field is used in order to allow the users to choose their payment method. It displays the payment methods added to the form in either a Dropdown or Radio Group. It can be shown on the form (allowing the user to select his preferred payment method) or not (forcing the user to pay using the default payment method).
If you are using a single payment method and you need to hide the Choose payment field, this can be achieved by editing the field and setting to "No" the "Show in front-end?" option within the "Attributes" tab.
In order the Authorize.Net payment method to be available within the Choose payment field, the Authorize.Net field needs to be added in form.
In order to receive funds using RSForm!Pro and Authorize.Net payment plugin, your form needs to include a cost. In order to add costs to your form you can use any of the following fields:
- Single Product - Adds a single product to the form. For this type of field you can set up a caption, description and a price.
- Multiple Products - Adds the ability to display multiple products to be purchased either in a Dropdown or a Checkbox. Its items need to be specified in the following manner: price | label (ex: 15 | T-shirt)
- Donation - Allows the user to type in the amount to be paid inside a standard Textbox.
- Total - This field is used alongside the Donation, Single and Multiple Products fields. It calculates the total price to be paid.
Mapping form information to AuthorizeNet for card processing
In order to collect the user's card information, the following fields needs to be added in the form:
- Card Number - a textbox field used in order the user to fill in the credit card number
- Card Security Code (CSC) - a textbox field used in order the user to fill in the credit card security code
- Card Expiry Month - a dropdown containing month numbers(Ex: 01 for January, 02 for February and so on).
- Card Expiry Year - a dropdown containing years(Format: yyyy, Ex: 2016, 2017)
Note: After adding the above-mentioned fields to the form, you need to go to Form Properties > Authorize.Net Configuration tab and map the Authorize.Net fields with the RSForm!Pro fields, in order to be populated automatically with user-supplied data.
Submitting the order form
When the order form is submitted the following actions are taking place:
- The payment details are sent to Authorize.Net
- After eWAY has been successfully processed the transaction, the user will be redirected to the form page and the "Thank you message" will be displayed
Modifying AuthorizeNet vars through Scripts called after form has been processed
This process is similar to the already existing example regarding the PayPal parameters control. First you will need to get a new instance of the Authorize.net object, this is done with:
$authorize = RSFormProAuthorizeNet::getInstance();
After this is done you will be able to override the parameters sent to Authorize using the following syntax:
$authorize->args['description'] = 'The new description that will be sent to the payment processor.';
The above example will change the description sent to the payment processor, for a more detailed list of parameters available in the API you can check the official Authorize.net SDK on GitHub.
8 persons found this article helpful.