Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Exclude certain RSFiles extensiom from site search

Exclude certain RSFiles extensiom from site search 5 years 2 months ago #38864

Hi there,

I'm just wondering if anyone could help me with an idea I've had.

Within the Joomla Search function on my Joomla 3.9.2 website I am looking to limit the file extensions that are displayed in the front end search results from RSFiles - specifically image files like JPG and PNG.

The people who are visiting our website are usually only searching for our media releases and news items (pulled from K2) or our PDF policies, plans and procedures (pulled from RSFiles) and the image files that also appear unnecessarily clog up those search results, so I'd like to prevent them from being displayed.

I have no idea where to begin on this one, but thought RSFIles might be where I should make changes, so if anyone has any idea on how I might even begin to go about this, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks very much in advance,
Sarah
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!