Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Download links include path?

Download links include path? 5 years 6 months ago #38562

I have a weird issue. I recently enabled a caching system provided by the hosting company (have since turned it off) to speed up the site, which worked, however I had other issues (this may be one) so dissabled it.

The link to a file on my site would be /root/category1/category2/filename.pdf

Ordinarily when clicking the link the pdf would download, but what happens now is, yes the pdf downloads, but instead of the download being filename.pdf it downloads with the filename root-category1-2Fcategory2-2Ffilename.pdf.

Any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Download links include path? 5 years 6 months ago #38576

Great to see such speedy support in the forum, makes me want to buy more of your addons! :unsure:

Download links include path? 5 years 6 months ago #38578

• RPPEO
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
FWIW This isn't Support, it's a forum, so unless some other user has an answer you are not likely going to get one here.
If you are a paying customer, use the Support option in the main menu rather than the forum, support is quick to answer support tickets, not the forum.

See the BIG YELLOW BOXES at the top and bottom of each Forum page.
Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

Thank you!
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by RPPEO. Reason: More info

Read this first!

Thank you!