Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Redirect or Thank you message not working - Cache!

Redirect or Thank you message not working - Cache! 15 years 4 months ago #6215

• bluebeep
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi I found something that maybe useful to some of the users here.

Along with the form not redirecting or showing the thank you message I found something else...

From time to time I noticed that there was another problem which was the fields were pre-populated with my information - the same information I had provided the last time! I figured it had to do with my browser so I dumped temp files, cookies etc. Still the site had my information in the input fields there!

I figured that if it wasn't my browser caching the info, it had to be within Joomla. So I go into the RSForm Pro component and look under settings and there is nothing about caching. In fact there are very few options for configuration.

Next I went to Joomla configuration Site>Global Configuration>Cache and the Cache was turned on. I turn it off and the problem goes away. The fields are no longer being populated with my info. Hmm. Curious.

Well it turns out that it also solved my problem of the component not working. It now redirects me to the page I want and also shows me the thank you message if I configure it.

Hope this helps. I'm sure just this is the cause of many problems experienced by the users here.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: martinsai

Re:Redirect or Thank you message not working - Cache! 15 years 3 months ago #6321

• nahrafqifahs
  • Fresh Boarder
I purchase RSForm Pro today and had this problem too. I turn off the caching and it's working. Please fix this because we really need to turn on the caching. Thank's.

Re:Redirect or Thank you message not working - Cache! 15 years 3 months ago #6331

I am having the same issue

In my email feild I get the following:

<script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- var prefix = 'ma' + 'il' + 'to'; var path = 'hr' + 'ef' + '='; var addy69532 = 'mark' + '@'; addy69532 = addy69532 + 'joshua-corporation' + '.' + 'co' + '.' + 'nz'; document.write( '<a ' + path + '\'' + prefix + ':' + addy69532 + '\'>' ); document.write( addy69532 ); document.write( '<\/a>' ); //-->\n </script> <script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- document.write( '<span style=\'display: none;\'>' ); //--> </script>This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it <script language='JavaScript' type='text/javascript'> <!-- document.write( '</' ); document.write( 'span>' ); //--> </script>

any help or ideas?

Re:Redirect or Thank you message not working - Cache! 14 years 10 months ago #7969

Isn't there a solution for this problem?

Re:Redirect or Thank you message not working - Cache! 13 years 3 months ago #12756

• marthin
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I've just run into the same thing, but with a different cause.

When using a custom module position and loading it via {loadposition} in an article, the thank you and return URL did not work.

When I called the form directly via a menu link, worked perfectly.

Hope it helps someone.

chat later
Marthin

Re: Redirect or Thank you message not working - Cache! 12 years 5 months ago #15489

Please someone tells me this bug is going to be FIXED!?!

Re: Redirect or Thank you message not working - Cache! 12 years 2 months ago #16719

• sierra
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi there,

this is just to let others know who had the same problem, the "thankyou" page not appearing when using mod_rsform.

We have BOTH the rsform module and component installed, because we need forms in the content area as well as in module blocks.

The problem is that the "Thankyou" page won't work when using a form component if *both* are installed. The module "modules/mod_forme/mod_forme.php" is checking first if it is already loaded, which means its main function "showForm" is aleady defined. But as the component is using the same function name as the rsform content plugin, the module code will never be loaded if both are installed - instead, it will execute the plugin - which will show the form just fine, but won't work showing the thankyou page.

Our fix is just to give this function a distinct name in the module version:

- Open "modules/mod_forme/mod_forme.php"
- rename the function "showForm" to "showFormMod" in all occurrences:
if(!function_exists('showFormMod') && $forme_ok){ // line 20
function showFormMod($option, $fid, $check){ // line 39
echo showFormMod('com_forme',$fid, $check); // line 185
The following user(s) said Thank You: keithpitzold, info4683

Re: Redirect or Thank you message not working - Cache! 11 years 5 months ago #20205

This worked for us. Suprised nobody else said thank you! :cheer:

Redirect or Thank you message not working - Cache! 11 years 5 months ago #20425

• info8724
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, i had the same problem with the error message in my email field, i found something:

Someone told my it's because the email cloaking plugin is on, to protect your website from spam. I used the second method because i already used the placeholder in my content, just put {emailcloak=off} in front of {rsform 1}, that worked for me!

How to solve:
1. First method: Disable the plugin completely. You can do this by going to Extensions > Plugin Manager and disabling the Content Email Cloaking. This will disable the plugin for your entire site.
2. Second method: Because this plugin is used against spam bots that are scanning for email addresses you can leave it ON, but disable it on certain content pages, where the form is embedded (using the mos_rsform plugin). Before placing the form placeholder (for example {rsform 1}, where "1" is the form's id you wish to display) just add {emailcloak=off}. You can re-enable email cloaking for portions of your article by typing {emailcloak=on} before any email address.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rsjoomla.avangate.com

Re: Redirect or Thank you message not working - Cache! 6 years 10 months ago #37100

this advance looks promising but must be outdated, no such directory exist in the current version, any ideas?

adding

this is not working
www.rsjoomla.com/support/documentation/r...ank-you-message.html

email cloak is not the issue either

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!