Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Text Box Size and Paragraph Return

Text Box Size and Paragraph Return 3 weeks 1 day ago #43384

• jim55
  • Fresh Boarder
Loving RSForms and have already completed a couple of nice forms for the website and the support here has been great.

I have created a new text area for Additional Information - Comments here www.prvlge.com/index.php?option=com_rsform&view=rsform&formId=4 How do I make the text area wider as the previous solution to make the text boxes wider by adding style="width:100%!important;" doesn't seem to work

Cheers Jim
Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by jim55.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Text Box Size and Paragraph Return 3 weeks 1 day ago #43385

• iceferret
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 57
There's a max-width property taking precedence, change width to min-width that should do it.
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you obviously don't understand the situation!

Text Box Size and Paragraph Return 3 weeks 1 day ago #43386

• jim55
  • Fresh Boarder
sorry so get rid of style="width:100%!important;" and replace it with style='min-width'

Text Box Size and Paragraph Return 3 weeks 1 day ago #43387

• iceferret
  • Gold Boarder
No, change the style="width:100%!important;" to style="min-width:100%!important;" which will dictate the minimum width the box can be. Using % rather than a fixed size in px or em so that it'll adapt to different screen sizes.
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you obviously don't understand the situation!
Last Edit: 3 weeks 1 day ago by iceferret.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jim55

Text Box Size and Paragraph Return 3 weeks 21 hours ago #43388

• jim55
  • Fresh Boarder
Brilliant thank you.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 21 hours ago by jim55.

Text Box Size and Paragraph Return 3 weeks 21 hours ago #43389

• iceferret
  • Gold Boarder
No problem. looking at your form I'd suggest if you find the css you added to change the field borders from
.form-control, .inputbox {
	border: 1px solid #a28f8f;
}

and replace with them
.form-control, .inputbox {
	border: 1px solid #ced4da;
	transition: border-color 0.25s ease-in-out, box-shadow 0.25s ease-in-out, -webkit-box-shadow 0.15s ease-in-out;
}
}

that'll make the border colours consistent and slow the border change when a field gains focus.

Text Box Size and Paragraph Return 3 weeks 19 hours ago #43390

• jim55
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks thats a great suggestion. I have changed all the forms I have created to the same.

Could I ask advice on something else? So on my website we have a section that displays businesses that offers benefits to our members. Here is an example www.prvlge.com/index.php/component/custo...uct&id=14&Itemid=245 On the right hand side of the page there is the box called Offer Times : Is it possible to recreate that box in a form? So far all the forms I have made have been in a list format with each text box or text area directly underneath the one above. If it is could you point me to some articles or notes that I can read and learn how to do it.

Also with all your experience would you have a suggestion of how to achieve the following.

We will have a part of the form where they will choose the cuisine of their venue. Some will just have one cuisine like Chinese. But some might have multiple cuisines. I know how to do the drop down menu which gives people a list that they can pick one from. Is there a straightforward way that one could do the same thing with a list but that they could choose multiple cuisines from the list?

Also where does one go to leave you guys a review. As this is one of the best things I have purchased in teh years I have been using Joomla.

Many thanks Jim

Text Box Size and Paragraph Return 3 weeks 18 hours ago #43391

• iceferret
  • Gold Boarder
Ok in reverse order,
You can leave reviews at https://extensions.joomla.org/ though you will need to create an account to do so.

Choosing mulitple options from dropdowns under the dropdowns attributes set the multiple to yes. To select multiples from the dropdown in the form you need to use crtl - select so give users a hint (general - description)

Recreating the box? Yes that's possible using free text fields and some html/css though I'm not sure why cos the page looks fine as is to me.

Text Box Size and Paragraph Return 3 weeks 3 hours ago #43394

• jim55
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. I will give it a go. In regards to "Recreating the box? Yes that's possible using free text fields and some html/css though I'm not sure why cos the page looks fine as is to me" it was not for the web page it was for a form so that the restaurants can fill in the form providing the detail in the way it ends up displayed on the webpage; if that makes sense.

Jim

Text Box Size and Paragraph Return 2 weeks 6 days ago #43397

• iceferret
  • Gold Boarder
Ah i see, yes that does make sense but is a considerably more complicated. To be honest it's beyond what I can help you with :( You're probably in the realms of writing a Joomla plugin to do this
Last Edit: 2 weeks 6 days ago by iceferret.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!