Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Lock Submit Button in V 1.52.0

Lock Submit Button in V 1.52.0 7 years 9 months ago #35608

• jimhill10
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi, I see in the latest release a change to lock the submit button once it is pressed to prevent multiple submissions. Does this run by default? All of my forms are currently using javascript to do this:
onclick="this.disabled=true;this.form.submit();"

Questions:

1. Do I need to remove this? Does the new lock function work by default? Does it then run on existing forms?

2. In the case of using this javascript we have to be careful not to name the field "submit" and are instead using an alternative name "send." If we remove the javascript do we need to be careful in naming the field?
Jim Hill
Last Edit: 7 years 9 months ago by jimhill10.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lock Submit Button in V 1.52.0 7 years 9 months ago #35614

• smsiders
  • Fresh Boarder
Definitely not enabled by default, and I'm wondering how to enable it so the submit button can't be pressed than once. I've used the script you mentioned before but it's problematic for me, because it also disables my continue button after the form is submitted.

Lock Submit Button in V 1.52.0 7 years 9 months ago #35620

• jimhill10
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Here is the information they provided to me in the ticket I opened:

1. This feature is manually enabled for each form (while editing a form > Properties > Form Info > "Disable Submit Button On Submission") and yes, you'll have to remove your JavaScript trigger.

2. As long as you're using the latest RSForm!Pro version, you can have your submit button named "submit".

If you're using cache, please clear your Joomla! installation cache.
Jim Hill

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!