Starting with rev. 8, RSFiles! allows you to pass user's data to an RSMail! mailing list.
Step 1: create an RSMail! mailing list
- In the Joomla! backend panel, head to Components >> RSMail! >> Lists and create a subscribers list.
- The mailing list will record the user's name and email.
Step 2: Enable the RSMail! integration
- To enable the RSFiles! - RSMail! integration, head to Components >> RSFiles! >> Settings >> RSMail! integration.
- Choose the RSMail! list where you want to save the RSFiles! subscribers.
- Map the RSFiles! field with the corresponding RSMail! field.
- Now, users that download files via email are added in the configured subscribers list.
- To be able to download the file, the user must provide his name and email.
- The user receives an email with the download link.
- The RSFiles! user details are saved in the configured mailing list.