Suppose you have created a subscription form to collect data from your subscribers: First Name, Last Name, Company, Job title , etc. Upon the form submission, the user is added to a configured RSMail! list, along with the submitted data. The integration is done via the RSForm!Pro - RSMail! plugin.
Download and install the RSForm!Pro - RSMail! plugin
- 1. Access your www.rsjoomla.com account and download the RSForm!Pro - RSMail! Plugin from "View my downloalds" >> RSForm!Pro membership >> Downloads >>
- Plugins >> RSMail! plugin.
- 2. Install the RSForm!Pro - RSMail! plugin through the default Joomla! installer.
- 3. Publish the plugin from the "Extensions > Plugin Manager" area.
Integrate the subscribing form with RSMail!
- 1. Head to RSMail! >> Lists and create a new subscribers list.
- 2. Add some list fields.
- 3. Head to RSForm!Pro >> Forms >> click on your form >> Properties >> RSMail! Integration tab
- 4. Select the subscribers list and map the form components with the list fields.
- 5. Select the action that you want the form to perform when being submitted. You can choose betwenn "Subscribe", "Unsubscribe" or to "Let the user decide". Note that if you choose to let the user decide which action is to be taken you must map a form field that has the subscribe and unsubscribe values set.
- Users are subscribed to a newsletter list after submitting the custom form.
- The new subscriber is saved in the RSMail! list.
Ep. 40: Create custom Joomla! registration forms for your events with RSEvents! and RSForm!Pro
Ep. 41: How to import RSMail! subscribers from a CSV file
Ep. 42: How to add K2 content to RSMail! newsletters
Ep. 43: Introducing RSMail! - Joomla! newsletter extension
Ep. 59: How to create custom Joomla! registration forms with RSForm!Pro
Ep. 70: RSMail! integration with the default Joomla! registration form