The RSMembership! Authorize.NET plugin allows you to subscribe to a membership using the Authorize.NET payment gateway.
To install the plugin, you simply to download it from the your rsjoomla.com > View my downloads area, head to your Joomla! administrator panel, Extensions > Install / Uninstall > browse the file and click the Upload and Install button. To use it, open the Plugin Manager and enable the System - RSMembership! - Authorize.Net item.
The plugin parameters can be configured through the Extensions > Plugin Manager > System - RSMembership! - Authorize.Net area. Here you will be able to set:
- API Login ID: the merchant API login ID is available in your account Authorize.NET account
- Transaction Key: the transaction key is provided in your merchant Authorize.NET account
- Mode - Test / Live: Select Test if you wish to test the membership purchase, without actually paying. Setting this option to Live to be able to perform real payments
- (optional) Tax Type - Percent / Fixed rate: the administrator can apply a tax to the total membership cost
- (optional) Tax Value: the value of the tax
- Message - Standard "Membership purchase on date" / Membership's name: the name of the item that is being purchased. This will be displayed in the Authorize.NET shopping page.
If you are using recurring payments for memberships, an additional Authorize.NET setting is required and namely a Silent Post URL. This is available for configuration on your merchant account, settings area, and it should be set with the following value:
After the configuration has been performed, a new payment option will be available in the frontend, when subscribing to a membership, named Credit Card. Choosing this option will enable the subscriber to pay via Authorize.NET.
Choosing the Credit Card option, will display a standard credit card details form.