Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Account Activation

Account Activation 13 years 6 months ago #11690

• bwaite
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
My registration email went out find and contained an activation link, but the activation link failed and I get a 403 error - access forbidden. Anyone know what to do to fix this? Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Account Activation 13 years 6 months ago #11708

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 60
Hello,

You can test if this is caused by RSMembership! by going to Site > User manager and creating a new user. An activation email should be sent as well, please try clicking the link and see if you encounter the same issue.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Account Activation 13 years 6 months ago #11945

• erbergez
  • Fresh Boarder
So I did the test your recommended and Joomla simply sent my New User an email with a username and password but NO Account Activation Email.

I'm noticing that when we test RSMembership that new subscribers are not receiving a link to activate their account.

How do I enable accountant activation?

Thank you,

Eric

Re:Account Activation 13 years 5 months ago #12123

• alexp
  • Thank you received: 180
Hello,

Please make sure the account activation option enabled in your Joomla global configuration area (System tab).
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Re:Account Activation 13 years 4 months ago #12265

• rjsayat
  • Fresh Boarder
Did this ever get resolved? I am getting the same error and have followed all the above suggestions. I'm getting the 403 error. If I register from the front end through joomla, I receive an email with activation and it works. But if I register through RSMembership, I get the activation email, but it goes to 403 error? Please tell me how you fixed this ASAP?

Re:Account Activation 13 years 4 months ago #12270

• alexp
Hello,

It would be best to make sure that you are using the latest versions of RSMembership! (revision 15) and the latest Joomla! version (1.5.22).
Regards,

Re:Account Activation 13 years 4 months ago #12353

You get any answer for this? ... im having same trouble.

Re:Account Activation 13 years 4 months ago #12364

• alexp
Hello,

It would be best to submit a ticket to tech support as this was caused by multiple issues, independent from RSMembership!
Regards,

Re:Account Activation 13 years 4 months ago #12405

Site-->Global config --> System --> new user activation set to yes ... LOL, there you go.

Re:Account Activation 13 years 2 months ago #12975

• clint
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm getting this, too. Did anyone find a solution? I'm running Joomla and RS latest.

Thanks.

Re:Account Activation 12 years 8 months ago #14791

• dassy
  • Fresh Boarder
In Global Configuration, set 'Allow User Registration' and 'New User Account Activation' to Yes.

We first didn't set 'Allow User Registration' to Yes, afraid anyone could register, but 'Create New Account' nicely goes to the subscription page of RSMemberhips :)

Re:Account Activation 11 years 1 month ago #22240

Hi There

I have just found your link ref this and I am having this 403 issue and it is driving me mad! Can you assist please?

Debs

Re:Account Activation 11 years 1 month ago #22241

• octavian
  • Thank you received: 110
The answer is just above your reply.
Regards,

Re:Account Activation 11 years 1 month ago #22243

Hi there, that is not in Global Config it is in Users > options and IS set to allow still no joy :(

Re:Account Activation 11 years 1 month ago #22244

forcesequine.org/index.php?option=com_us...336002ee5265864746d7

Is all I get after doing all you have advised :S

ALSO - when you hit create new account it goes to the joomla form and not the rs form I have built - can someone advise please as this is rather pressing ;)
Last Edit: 11 years 1 month ago by debi.heathfrench.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!