Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Down arrows not showing on drop-downs for FF Mac

Down arrows not showing on drop-downs for FF Mac 15 years 5 months ago #5378

The down arrows are not displaying for drop-down fields in RSForm Pro in Firefox 3.03 for Mac. They work in Safari, IE 6 & 7, and Firefox for Windows.

In FF Mac, the drop downs work, but they display as text boxes without down arrows.

Thoughts?

Jim
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Down arrows not showing on drop-downs for FF Mac 15 years 5 months ago #5421

• octavian
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 110
Hello,

A screenshot would be useful. Even though we try our best to test as many browsers and configurations as possible, there are some bugs left.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Down arrows not showing on drop-downs for FF Mac 15 years 5 months ago #5439

You can see the problem at togobrands.com/index.php?option=com_rsfo...d=5&Itemid=99999

\"Age Group\" and \"How did you learn about To Go Brands?\" are drop-down fields.

Re:Down arrows not showing on drop-downs for FF Mac 15 years 5 months ago #5548

• octavian
Hello,

I was asking for a screenshot because I woudn't be able to see what the problem looks like without a Mac.
Your issues are more likely caused by your template/css. I couldn't access the website since it's reporting a 500 eror.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,

Re:Down arrows not showing on drop-downs for FF Mac 15 years 5 months ago #5564

You should be able to browse the site now.
togobrands.com/index.php?option=com_rsfo...d=5&Itemid=99999

Re:Down arrows not showing on drop-downs for FF Mac 15 years 5 months ago #5575

• octavian
I noticed your dropdown has an attribute named \"size\" in the additional attributes field. You should remove that. On the on scripts tab, in the on script display field, use this:
$formLayout = str_replace('size=\"\"','',$formLayout);

PS: I still need a screenshot in order to see what's the issue.<br><br>Post edited by: strafe, at: 2008/11/14 20:26
Regards,

Re:Down arrows not showing on drop-downs for FF Mac 15 years 5 months ago #5586

An easier way to solve the \"size\" attribute problem was to give it a value of 0. You might want to consider imposing 0 as a default value for drop-down selections in order to take care of the FireFox Mac problem (not displaying the down arrows at the right of such fields).

Thanks very much for identifying the problem.

-Jim

Re:RSForm Pro -Mac Issues 15 years 5 months ago #5589

• malloy0
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

We have used RSFP extensively this season for our junior girls volleyball program at www.myccvc.com to allow players to Accept to play after attending tryouts. a few families have told us that their MAC would not allow them to complete the form we use for this process.

Go to www.myccvc.com and check out the ACCEPTING CCVC on the left and poke around.

As of today I cannot state the MAC OS or MaC browser (Safari? FF?), but will try to learn this from our users and feed is back for you to test, confirm.

In spite of this can confirm that MACs did have difficulty.

Mike
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
www.myccvc.com

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!