Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Custom Email Routing

Custom Email Routing 13 years 3 months ago #12657

Hello!

I've been a huge fan of RS Forms for several years. Recently I purchased the pro version for a site and need a bit of help.

We have three artist representatives (we're a cymbal company) and take submissions for "artist level endorsements" online. Our reps work the USA split by different states (largely east/west), and we have the international guy who handles everywhere else.

We would like to have somehow a script to grab the person's originating country (or by them simply entering it) and send the message to the corresponding representative.

I'm somewhat proficient in understanding PHP (I can look at it and understand it, I can't just think it like a true artist).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last Edit: 13 years 3 months ago by oceansites123. Reason: clarity
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Custom Email Routing 13 years 3 months ago #12667

Hi:

I'm not as proficient an FS!Forms Pro user as you. However, one way of doing this springs to mind. Create a hidden field called "SendTo." Then create a short JavaScript that triggers whenever the user changes the country or state. The script populates the hidden "SendTo" field with the e-mail address of the appropriate representative. When the user clicks on the "submit" button, the "SendTo" field will hold the e-mail address for the appropriate representative.

Finally, when you create the e-mail (e.g., the administrative e-mail for the form), use the "SendTo" field in the "To:" line of the e-mail.

Re:Custom Email Routing 13 years 3 months ago #12703

could you explain this script a bit more in detail? Provide an example perhaps?

Re:Custom Email Routing 13 years 3 months ago #12706

• tim2
  • Junior Boarder
Hi,
1. Create a drop down list named "myList" and include onChange=setSendTo(); in additional attributes.
2. Create a Hidden field named "SendTo" and assign a default email address.
3. On the CSS and JavaScript tab enter the following code block into the JavaScript box. This script changes the default email address assigned to the SendTo hidden field when the selected value of myList equals "My password is not working".
<script type="text/javascript">

function setSendTo()
{
if(document.forms[0].myList.options[document.forms[0].myList.selectedIndex].value=="My password is not working") 
{
document.getElementById('SendTo').value = 'password@domain.com';
return true;
}
}
</script>

This code is current used on a private intranet site so I can't give you a URL reference.

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!