Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Customize continue button

Customize continue button 13 years 8 months ago #11135

Hi all,

I have updated RSForm!Pro to 1.3.0 rev 30 and I saw in the Changelog that you can customize the continue button now by doing the following:

Version 1.3.0
13.08.2010 - Rev 31

* Added - The continue button can now be modified through the $continueButton variable in "Script called after form has been processed"

I am not quite sure how this will work as what I have tried didn't have any effect.

I was trying the following:
1. Open form
2. Open Script page
3. Scroll down to section "Script called after form has been processed"
4. Typed into the box: $continueButton="Siguiente";
5. Saved the form

Unfortunately nothing changed, the Continue Button still has the writing continue on it. Altogether I am using three forms for english, spanish and german. I copied the english form twice and changed the fields and Emails to spanish and german. Could this be the problem? Can I only change it to one language?

Any help or idea is more then welcome.

Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Customize continue button 13 years 7 months ago #11363

• jwgarber
  • Fresh Boarder
I too am trying to change the continue button via the $continueButton variable. All I want to do is style it to my template as it has a custom button css.

Re:Customize continue button 13 years 7 months ago #11365

• jwgarber
  • Fresh Boarder
I was able to edit the css of the button as well as the caption of it. You have to reassign the $continueButton variable to what you want it to do. In my case I wanted to change the css of the button to the css class called "formbutton."

In the "Script called after form has been processed" section I inputed this code:

$continueButton = <<<_END
<input type="button" class="formbutton" name="continue" value="Continue" onclick="document.location='index.php?option=com_rsform&Itemid=12';">
_END;

The key is assigning the variable $continueButton to what you want it to be, but you have to do so with server side code or PHP. So I used an <<<_END tag to output HTML from the PHP code. Then assigned the button new properties(class="button" value="Continue" etc..).

Now when the continue button is loaded it assigns it the class of "formbutton" and it all looks good.

In your case holger.grau, I would try the following:

$continueButton = <<<_END
<input type="button" name="continue" value="Siguiente" onclick="document.location='PUT YOUR REDIRECT PAGE HERE';">
_END;

Let me know how it goes.
Last Edit: 13 years 7 months ago by jwgarber.

Re:Customize continue button 13 years 7 months ago #11367

• andreic
  • RSJoomla! Official Staff
  • Thank you received: 59
Hello,

The best method to change the label of the continue button is to modify the language file for that particular translation. For example in order to translate the continue button for the spanish language please try going to language/es-ES/ and edit the es-ES.com_rsform.ini file. Just search for:

RSFP_THANKYOU_BUTTON=<br/><input type="button" name="continue" value="Continue" onclick="%s"/>

...and translate the value.
Please note: my help is not official customer support. To receive your support, submit a ticket by clicking here
Regards,
RSJoomla! Development Team

Re:Customize continue button 4 years 7 months ago #39428

• lausianne
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
It's now just "Continue", and can be done with language override in backend. ("onclick" doesn't work there)

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!