Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!

TOPIC: Autopopulate user custom fields into a Form

Autopopulate user custom fields into a Form 1 year 8 months ago #42098

Hey all,

Running Joomla 4, I have a heap of forms all of which have a lot of the same users data. What i would like to do is capture that data during registration and use it again when the user fills out any of the other forms. I have a custom Registration form that has custom Fields where the data from t he form is capture into Joomla user data. The aim being to use that data as the default data for the forms. I have a dashboard page where the users can edit this data as needed.

The code I tried using came out of the tutorials, but it seems that the code below is just for the standard registered data:

//<code>
$user = JFactory::getUser();
return $user->get('Email');
//</code>

When using this code and replacing the 'Email' text with the name of a custom form name, doesn't work.

Now, the data that has gone into the joomla custom fields is still sitting in the RSForms data table, so if needs be, I could also gather the data from there as well, Whichever is easier.

The final part of this conundrum is that the form has a custom PDF plugin set up so t he user gets a certificate with all of the information laid out. So when the user needs to go back into t he form to edit the data, they can get a new certificate printed out.

The standard data display and edit data that is shown in t he RSForms tutorials just isn't cutting the mustard here. My ultimate aim is to be able to use the form initially and then if the user needs to, go back into the form with the original data, edit and resubmit an have the Custom PDF resent to their email address.

So, in short, I want to use the standard data from t he registration form for filling out new data, then when required re open the data from the form and edit it while still maintain all of the features of the form.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Read this first!

We do not monitor these forums. The forum is provided to exchange information and experience with other users ONLY. Forum responses are not guaranteed.

However, please submit a ticket if you have an active subscription and wish to receive support. Our ticketing system is the only way of getting in touch with RSJoomla! and receiving the official RSJoomla! Customer Support.

For more information, the Support Policy is located here.

Thank you!